7.29.2007

My second best weekend this summer...

This weekend I went to NYC to try and find an apartment to live in come September. This was an exciting moment for me as I was going to meet my roommate to be, Brittany, for the first time as well as see some apartments.

First I met up with Brittany who is *so* nice, I think we are going to get on really well. After we met up, we went to look at the first apartment we had lined up to see, and it was a DUD. The apartment was not too bad... the bedrooms on either end were nice and bright with good closets. However, the living space was sooooo dark! The street also left something to be desired as well, and the nearest subway stop was not near the apartment, so we decided to pass that opportunity up.

We had no other apartment viewings set up for the day, so since Brittany had had a call from a realtor named Aiden she gave him a call back and luckily he was free that afternoon! He showed us a bunch of apartments and in the end we rented one from him that afternoon. The apartments were all really nice in great neighborhoods, and all the people we interacted with were sooooo nice. It's going to work out really well, I think.

Anyhow, below are some photos of the apartment, the street, the building.






The last photo above is actually just outside my school where I'll be working every day - you can see the school from where I was standing... it's just across the street to the left, but not in the photo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home