6.26.2007

My Day with Nick Lachey (A Social Experiment, Ahem)

The other day I was getting dressed for a day at the movie theatre, a bit of drooling over electronics at Best Buy, and dinner out with the family. Honestly, I need to do some laundry (I've still got tons of clean stuff, but most of it really isn't really that desirable for public venues), so I had to be creative when it came to my wardrobe decisions.

A few weeks ago I had acquired the pictured American Idol t-shirt for free. How did I do that? I suppose I'll just say my talents are many. ANYHOW... I sort of like the design of the shirt - not bad considering I payed $0 for it. However, something about wearing an American Idol shirt without some sort of flair or oddity seemed somehow wrong.

I got to thinking... What could I possibly pair that would finish off my jeans/free t-shirt ensemble? Not my plaid scarf... too warm. Not my passport... too much secure information out there for the masses. Not my cello... too big, too random, completely unrelated. I was almost at a loss, when -- EUREKA! Why had I not thought of it sooner?

My Nick Lachey pin that I got for a dollar... priceless! I mean, perfect! I put it on, sort of as a joke, but then my sister didn't think I would leave the house and that and, well, clearly I had to prove her wrong.

I must say my day with Lachey was rather disappointing. Not only is he the dullest conversationalist EVER, but I also received no questions from store clerks, no sideways glances from too-cool-for-the-Lachey-inator high schoolers, not even a "Mommy, look at that girl's silly pin!" comment. What a bummer! I have concluded one of the following about our society:

Choice A: People wearing Nick Lachey pins is hardly out of the ordinary or noteworthy in this part of NH... this sort of scares me.

Choice B: Everyone politely averted their eyes away from my chest therefore missing the pin all together. This is both a comforting thought and an alarming thought (depending on person and circumstances).

I won't/can't really answer the question I am sure that is now at the forefront of all of your minds: WHY DID YOU BUY A NICK LACHEY PIN? Oh, never you mind that.

1 Comments:

At 6/29/07, 4:33 PM, Blogger Mila said...

that's sooo absolutely cool. (you, not nick lachey.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home