6.17.2007

Snail Mail

When I was a child I rocked at sticking stickers all over things, cutting, pasting, licking, stamping... you name it! If it was slightly messy or annoying to my parents in any way, I was all over it.

My natural affinity for all things destructive makes me ask a natural question... since when did mailing something become so hard for me? Think about it - stamps and envelopes are the stickers and glue of the adult generation!

I have written so many letters this past year (recently and not so recently... those of you still waiting on your Christmas cards, I swear they're coming!) and none of them have made it in the mail. I really wish I was better at sending people random letters and mail, because I find it's the impetus for them to keep in touch with me.

Let me explain... I used to send out emails all the time to people, and they would respond about a third of the time. However, if I sent out a letter to someone I might not get a letter but I'd certainly get an email or a phone call. Letters and personalized mail guilt people into staying in touch with you.

Not to gripe, but lately I've been feeling totally disconnected from many different people. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that my hatred for our computer at home prevents me from using the internet unless absolutely necessary, but I also think people in general are just not as communicative as they used to be.

Sob sob, I know.

The thing is, I am really looking forward to moving to New York for several reasons, but mostly because it's a place I can see myself staying for a while. I'm looking forward to making friends that I might not have to say goodbye to in less than four years.

I'm also looking forward to apartment hunting. Call me crazy, but I love looking at the insides of different houses/apartments. I can't wait!

1 Comments:

At 6/18/07, 11:13 AM, Blogger sasha said...

ok, now I feel even *more* guilty for not responding to your emails. blah. I'll get on that, I promise. I hear you on the letter sending thing, though. I have christmas cards sitting around that I've sealed and addressed, but just never got around to stamping and putting in the mail box. It's terrible.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home