1.05.2009

Early-Onset Alzheimers?

These days there have been two things on my mind on a almost daily basis. The first thing is that I love Nutella and want to eat it constantly - I can't put the thought out of my head. I'm a simple gal, what can I say? The second, is that I couldn't wait to start my guitar lessons.

That's right, lil' ol' me is going to learn to jam on the guitar. I hope you all are prepared for some pretty out-of-pitch emo-esque videos of me rocking out on a plastic guitar. Fear it. Embrace it.

Anyhow, so I've been going on all vacation about my guitar lessons - whenever I have a sad thought, I think about guitar lessons and suddenly everything is better. It's like, with the certainty of the lessons looming in the future, the planets suddenly align and nothing can ruin my mood. Music, it really is a powerful thing.

Well, shockingly I forgot the start date. Tonight when I received a mysterious phone call from a 646 number I thought to myself, "Not those stupid car people again!" and proceeded to have a conversation that went something like this:

Me: Hello?
Car People: Hello, we are calling from the crackle crackle about crackle crum dum.
Me: Who are you?
Car People: We're calling from the guitar school to remind you about your lesson tomorrow night.
Me: Tomorrow night? I thought they started next week.
Car Guitar People: Nope, tomorrow is Tuesday, and you're starting tomorrow.
Me: Oh, well that makes sense since it is the 7th.
Car Guitar People: Nope, it's the 6th.
Me: ... oh. Did I mention that I am still writing 2008 on my checks?
Car Guitar People: ... wow. Yeah, I'm glad we called you. Do you even know how to get here?

So yeah. I think that qualifies me as a genius pretty much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home