11.09.2008

IKEA

I think I've sung the praises of this store in the past, but I don't care - they need to be sung again.

Tonight I went with my two lovely friends Emily and Jonathan to have some delicious food for dinner. Now first off, a trip to IKEA is never complete without a stop in the cafeteria. Their meatballs are so delicious it makes me want to stand on a chair with a megaphone and shout at random passerby, "Ignore the calorie count, go for the big plate!" Mmm, mmm, good! So of course, we wasted no time and made a bee-line to the food.

Once fully satiated, we commenced the tour of the showroom. Emily and I have the whole floor plan practically memorized, and whenever I go to IKEA now I feel like I have to visit all my favorite friends I have not seen in a while: future couch, future bed, dream cabinets, "when I make my first million" knick knacks and accessories. Tonight was a particularly joyous reunion with favorite blue couch number one. I also had a brief moment of panic when I was unable to locate future bed where the magic will happen, but then I found it all covered in pretty pretty bedding and jumped it... ahem, jumped on it with joy. I freaking L.O.V.E. that bed.

After a thorough tour of the showroom, it was time to get down to business. Emily and I found our shelving unit and a mirror without a problem. We were both very shocked, however, when Jonathan said he actually needed something, too.

What? A boy that needs to shop? It's like a Christmas miracle.

Anyhow, we helped him locate the perfect comforter and then proceeded to pick out all the manly bachelor pad duvet covers that would go with his sheets (which he described in detail as being "navy... uh, blue"). Of course, he picked the craziest, most random duvet cover ever (what is it with guys? They have such a bizarre sense of style sometimes), pictured right. Oh, well... to each his own!

Oh, but I've yet to recount the best part of this trip, and that is on the bus ride home we were listening to a blast from the past 90's marathon, and Wilson Philips' song, "Hold On" played on the radio. Is it just me, or should all good outings end with a rousing rendition of passe 90's chart-toppers? Perfect.

2 Comments:

At 11/15/08, 11:52 AM, Blogger John said...

Wow, what is that thing? I'm a guy and I would never go near it. It's like a sea monster.

 
At 11/15/08, 5:03 PM, Blogger Meghan said...

I know, right? More like a forest monster. I love the woods and outdoors as much as the next person, but when it comes to decor, I want the woods to stay in nature. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home