11.25.2008

Random Retellings

So lots has happened recently with me, and what's even more amazing is that a few of the events have been worth mentioning. What? In just a five day span? Miracle! I know.

First, I went to my friend's apartment the other day with my roommate to play Rock Band. I had never played the game before and was particularly daunted by the prospect of singing in front of other people. However, after rocking the drums (er, well, not failing at them), I gave the mic a go and I was hooked. By the end of the night I was belting out songs at the top of my lungs, strumming the guitar at a passable level, and doing some kick-ass drum freestyling if I do say so myself.

The only problem is that now I am addicted. Emily and I have done some research on how much this game costs, and sadly I fear I might be broke in the next few months. I'm not good at quitting addictions.

Second, my family is coming for Thanksgiving and I am in charge of acquiring all the fixings. My mother specified that I should purchase a 15 pound (!) organic (!!) turkey, and it cost me $70(!!!). Can you believe it? I'm guessing that when all is said and done I will have shelled out about $150 for this meal. This Thanksgiving I'll be giving thanks if I still have a penny to my name.

Finally, we met our future roommate this weekend! She is amazing. Her name is Aly and we ended up chatting for about 2 hours when she was here on Sunday. It's reassuring to have found someone who seems so normal and similar in her habits to ourselves. It's a huge relief to not be looking anymore, too. :-)

I think I mentioned that these days the only luck I've got is bad luck. Now, I think that luck just might be turning around. All I have to say is that it's about freaking time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home