11.30.2008

Candles Rock My Socks

After much thought and consideration I have decided that I am through with boys for the time being, and I have replaced boyfriends with candles. This may seem a little odd, so I have compiled a list of reasons why candles are better than boys:

1. Candles are romantic.
2. Candles last a long time.
3. Candles always smell good.
4. When you've burned through a candle, you have good memories of the time you spent together.
5. You can own more than one candle at a time.
6. Candles are easily disposed of and readily available.
7. Candles de-stress you (as opposed to distressing you).
8. You can find amazing candles online.
9. Candles are often found in fancy restaurants, department stores and at spas, but rarely in sports bars, sporting stores or fitness clubs.
10. Your friends don't comment on your choice in candles.
11. Candles shed light on things instead of keeping you in the dark.
12. When you wake up in the morning, a candle is still there.
13. It's socially acceptable to pay for a candle so you can bring it home with you.
14. You can swap candles with your friends and it's no big deal.

I'm sure I'll think of some more as time goes on. I know candles are not the perfect replacement, but let me live in my bubble. So far, so good.

2 Comments:

At 12/3/08, 6:18 PM, Blogger John said...

This was hilarious. You really should play this post up. I really appreciated it. Can I link to it?

 
At 12/3/08, 10:48 PM, Blogger Meghan said...

Link away. Glad you got a kick out of it, too. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home