11.30.2008

This Thanksgiving

This year Thanksgiving was an expensive but lovely one (thanks to the aforementioned organic turkey). I am glad to report that the apartment is still standing, but apart from that there is nothing really to report about the actual day.

After Thanksgiving, though, was a blast! My family and I went to the Morgan Library on Friday and saw some original Babar sketches (awesome) as well as the some other super cool stuff. Mostly, I was thankful for the 15 minute "about the Library" movie because it afforded me the opportunity to take a nap (which was much needed after walking over the Brooklyn Bridge and up to the Library). That evening, we met up with my friend and her new boyfriend (who is lovely) and had a most excellent dinner.

But now, for the super-interesting bit... we went to another museum called the Sea, Air and Space Museum on the Intrepid and it was amazing! It's a museum that is located on an aircraft carrier. Not only can you take a look at tons of cool aircraft (including helicopters, jets and even a concorde) but you can also go inside parts of the carrier and see what it would have been like to work on the vessel. It was really cool, and if you have not been and are in NY I would definitely recommend a trip.

The coolest thing I saw at the museum was a black plane that traveled at speeds beyond mach 3 and also flew at over 100,000 feet. Pretty amazing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home