2.19.2008

Stoner Movies and Other Random Thoughts

Last night Brittany and I went to Blockbuster to trade in the two movies we were sent for two better movies (we had been sent Step Up *retch* and Xanadu *no comment*). When Brittany found a movie called Smiley Face which claimed to be a stoner movie with John Krasinski in it, we were both sold (me because of the genre, Brittany because of the cast).

Turns out, there's a huge difference between movies about stoners (which we love!) and movies you'd only find funny if you watched them when you were stoned. It's a crazy bad movie. Don't rent it.

I went to the bank today and there was a crazy big line. While this frustrated me somewhat, I found it exceedingly rude when a finicky elderly lady behind me pulled over the bank manager to tell him how utterly understaffed this branch of the bank was. Sure, we're all in a hurry and it stunk to have to wait so long, but give me a break. I have to say that I don't really see how complaining about it would change anything - extra tellers are not going to materialize out of thin air. If she really wanted to put her money where her mouth was, she should have closed her account and gone next door to the competing bank. Now *that* would have shown them how she really felt about it.

I was feeling a bit unsatisfied with my doctor of late. Not because of any malpractice sort of issues or anything like that, but simply because the interactions were so impersonal. I couldn't tell if that's just the New York way or what. Anyhow, I was really pleased to get a call from my doctor today and everything was sorted out. Now if only my butt would stop itching (seriously, I itch absolutely *everywhere* which you of course needed to know).

Brittany sent me a text message the other day which made me crack up because she spelled out a garden implement when she meant to be referring to what UrbanDictionary defines as "A word Santa Clause says three times when he sees your wife, mother and sister together in the same room." The context of this text message will not be divulged in order to protect, um, myself.

I have discovered the cosmic secret to success at 5th grader domination! Students are really cooperative when class activities involve candy. Why had I not thought of this sooner? I estimate that in order to complete our current assignment I am going to go through about six bags of jellybeans this week, but that's ok. My classroom was calm and blissfully focused. Well, wonders never cease.

2 Comments:

At 2/19/08, 9:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, have mercy on the other teachers! If you give them candy, it comes out as unsuppressable energy in other classes! THINK OF YOUR CO-WORKERS when you turn to candy, I beg you!

 
At 2/20/08, 4:58 PM, Blogger Meghan said...

The other teachers were not thinking of me on Halloween, Christmas or Valentine's Day. I cringe remembering... ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home