2.02.2008

Public Humiliation

Brittany and I went to a concert for the Click Five the other night. I firsst need to say that it was the poorest attended concert that I think I've ever been to... the lack of excitement over an encore made me cringe it was so painful. This is a shame because the group is really good and their lead singer is amazing. But anyhow, enough about the band, on to my life and embarrassing moments.

Brittany and I had been sitting down for a long time - perhaps 4 hours - watching the 3 opening bands (yawn), and when the main band came out we decided it was time to get our boogie on. Brittany went down the stairs first, and I followed her on my face. That's right, instead of walking down the steps, I plummeted face first down about 8 of them. Miracle of miracles, I did not have a single scratch on me when I hit the bottom. I'd like to say the only thing severely bruised was my ego, but that was not damaged at all - I fall down stairs all the time, so I've gotten over feeling embarrassed about it.

Perhaps even funnier was when Brittany shouted something crazy funny about the emo hipster band we were watching play. They were wearing the typical vests, sketchers, classy sweatshirts and of course tight jeans. Brittany picked up on the jeans and said, "Wow, their pants are so tight, you can really see their packages!" The funny bit about this was she was screaming it just as the song ended, so everyone around us heard her louder than life comment about their packages (probably even the band heard it) and gave her the hairy eye. I was laughing waaaay too hard.

Did I mention I saw some students from my school there? Yeah.

Also Brittany and I had an insanely random and funny meal with a guy who was very very drunk and visiting from Florida. He's a self-proclaimed comedian and I'm not going to lie, he was pretty funny. He did start hiccuping like crazy and eating Brittany's pizza, so we left him to sober up... but it was a funny experience.

We're going to another concert tonight. I hope this one is as eventful as the last, because it's fun to have crazy stories to tell. I'll keep you posted. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home