1.17.2008

Home In Record Time

Today when I got out of work it was raining, snowing and blowing wind like nobody's business and for some reason I couldn't seem to negotiate putting on my mittens, carrying my umbrella and walking/running to the subway all at the same time so my hands were freezing!

Anyhow, when I made it to the subway I heard the arrival alarm, and I thought, "Ok, today will be the one day that I will run to catch the train!" So I swiped my card, crowd-dodged and flew down the stairs to arrive just as the train doors were opening. I got in line to get on the train and I realized that the people in front of me were not going to get on the train.

These people standing in front of me were large. Now I am not one to be sizist, but I'm not going to lie - they were hard to get around. Also, you know when you play the "you go this way I go that way" game and every time you try to pass them they go the same way you do? Needless to say, it was a big old mess. I finally got around them but the train doors were shutting.

I'm not a pushy person, but I was in no mood to miss this train. So I shoved my arms into the closing doors, pushed the doors open and got on the train. Woohoo!

It's official... I've become one of those annoying people who doesn't "stand clear of the closing doors" and holds up the train, much to the chagrin of all the other commuters. It was totally worth it, though... when I got to the station where I make my connection, the other train was waiting right across the platform which is something that is almost unheard of. It sort of made my day!

1 Comments:

At 1/18/08, 10:11 AM, Blogger sasha said...

haha, congrats on becoming a pushy NYC commuter! somehow whenever I rush to catch a train that's pulling into the station, it turns out to be the train going in the wrong direction.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home