1.20.2008

Concerts and Computers

I'm going to go to three concerts in three weeks and I am really looking forward to it! The first is for a politician (oddly enough), the second is The Click Five (embarrassingly poppy but should be fun) and also Matchbox Twenty. February is going to be a busy month for me!

Also, Apple has released a new notebook computer called, "Air." It's really thin and it looks very sleek (as you'd expect coming from Apple). It's aesthetically pleasing, but it's not very practical and it seems as though the price is mostly for aesthetics. Sure, it has some cool touch technology and lots of wireless capabilities, but those things alone don't really make it worth the price (for me personally).

The thing I really can't figure out is why the version with an 80 GB hard drive is selling for $1800 whereas the 64 GB "solid-state" drive version is selling for $3100. I'm wondering what is so amazing about a solid-state drive because as far as I can see, 80 trumps 64, solid or hard... especially in this day and age where file sizes are getting bigger and bigger.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home