1.21.2008

College Music Videos

My friends and I in college made these music videos (well, really they were not music videos so much as us doing silly stuff and putting it to a bunch of music, but whatever) for our sophomore and junior years. They are really fun to have and are a great way to look back on the good times we had.

Senior year I took a ton of footage (much to the chagrin of all my friends who were, no doubt, tired of having a camera shoved in their faces 24/7) but my two friends and I never really got it together. Senior year is really busy and we didn't have 50 hours to devote to a silly video.

I'd always wanted to take the footage I had and do something with it, but my old computer was too slow to even play the videos my camera had taken (not to mention I deleted iMovie once upon a time). However now that I have a new cmputer and two versions of iMove, all of a sudden the possibilities are endless.

I've slowly been organizing all of my video files, and today I edited them all together. So far I've got about 15 minutes and I am guessing in about 5-10 minutes the video will be finished. This time around the format is a little different (some of the footage does not have music behind it) and it's not as polished, but I think it will still be fun for all my college friends to see when I am finished with it.

It's actually really funny, some of the clips. I found some really embarrassing stuff of myself that I've tried to include, especially since my embarrasing moments are nothing compared to some other clips I found of my friends.  ;-)  

I hope I still have friends when all is said and done - this is always the risk with the making of our college music videos.

2 Comments:

At 1/22/08, 10:15 AM, Blogger sasha said...

oh man, I miss the music videos!! I promise to still be your friend afterwards, but you've got to post this somewhere!

 
At 1/22/08, 4:03 PM, Blogger Meghan said...

Oh, I'm definitely going to post it. Vimeo actually allows you to put big files up (like 250 MB) and then you can also password protect your files and other users can download the source file, so I think I am going to put it up there. I'm not quite done, but when I am you'll know. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home