2.27.2008

The #1 Women's Magazine

Brittany and I recently purchased the March issue of Cosmopolitan. Just to save face, let me say that we don't regularly buy this magazine, but there is no other source of reading material that can entertain/shock like Cosmo, and we had a long bus ride ahead of us. Ok, now that I've made my lame attempt to clear my conscience, moving on to my point...

Today I noticed on the cover that it says it is the #1 women's magazine. While this isn't as bad news as, say, global destruction and general doom, I must say I am still a little disappointed. Who were they surveying when compiling these results? "In a recent survey of Cosmopolitan subscribers we found that 100% of women read Cosmo." Yeah.

Ok, I admit, I like fluffy *ahem*trashy*ahem* reading as much as the next female. But still, I'd like to think that women care more about the finer things in life. It makes me want to watch my world news webcast with renewed vigor, so I guess something good has come out of reading a magazine with the word "sex" on the cover 4 times... in bold print.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home