9.14.2007

Google Disaster

Holy cow. I just googled myself for the first time in a long time, and tons of stuff came up that surprised me. Like my power point presentation for my astronomy and public policy class. Like the classes I TAed for in college. Like sample pictures I put on Amazon for a camera. Like posts on message boards.

All that stuff is all well and good, but I did find two things that are highly bothersome to me, the first being that a private email I sent to a company about myjob search was posted on their website without my permission, using my full name and location.

Second (and even more bothersome) is that there is another Meghan Me out there who is the owner/webmaster of an Elmo website, as well as a Barney lover. All I can say is, I hope that whoever googles me for whatever reason has the good sense to realize that there is more than one Meghan Me out there in the world.

This journal doesn't come up, which is both good and bad, I suppose.

1 Comments:

At 10/2/07, 9:48 PM, Blogger Deeblogs said...

Hey I was just reading this blog and identified. I googled myself a while back and found myself listed on three different occasions; one of which had my age and hometown mentioned. Another was actually the spanish version of a assistants in france and had my email, jenny's, brandi's and someone else's email. People were seeking info about Perpignan and teaching there so I guess they saw our addresses on the board or something. Anyway, after that I closed all my internet blog pages (except facebook) and from now on I'm keeping my info limited. We don't really think about it but for computer experts and hackers, they have more than ample info on us and not all of them are friendly hackers so we have to be more careful; well I'm trying to be at least. okay this is a really long comment. sorry.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home