8.25.2007

It's a Hard Knock Life

Blogging is difficult to do with a dial up connection. I know, I have said it a million times, but do you know how long it takes to log into my email, switch over to blogger, load the typing page... not to mention post the darn entry... and don't even think about photos!

Anyhow, I've been super busy this month and when limited time is factored into the equation with a slow internet connection, updating this thing just doesn't happen. However, today is my first day of rest in a long while, and I though it fitting to spend it online!

First off, I've been working at my summer job which has been painfully boring for the majority of the time. Things have picked up in the past week, but I just sometimes feel like every job I work on has to be a pain in the you know where. Needless to say, I am so glad there is only one week left!

Second, I have spent a good part of August packing up all my lifetime belongings into boxes in preparation for my move to NY. Last weekend we went to NY with a 17 ft. U-Haul (which was overkill, let me tell you... it was about a 1/4 of the way full) to move in. We got there without any major mishaps (my dad only ran into the barriers one time!)... we even found the street I lived one which was a major accomplishment since my dad had never driven in NYC and the exit we were supposed to take was closed. Unfortunately, returning the U-Haul was a major debacle, my dad got in an accident and everyone was fine, but it took about 2 and a half hours to straighten everything out. That night I felt as sick as I have felt since my freshmen year in high school, and the rest of the weekend was quite uncomfortable.

But, I am all moved in! And it looks great.

When I am not at work working, I'm usually off helping someone with their computer troubles. I've been doing tons of work for my grandfather, helping him organize his photos for his memoirs. I've been doing web work and web tutorials for another woman, and I also had helped another lady on the lake get her Mac up and running.

I also had quite the debacle trying to get a cell phone with a New York number. A word to the wise, don't apply for a new cell phone plan right after your address changes... they don't like it.

So that's my current life update. I'm sorry it wasn't more anecdotal, but really I've forget what is humorous in situations as time goes by. Hopefully when I get to NY and have my high speed internet, this blog will become more interesting again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home