8.11.2008

Laundry Day

It's that time of the year again. Ahem, I mean, it's that time of the week again. The time has come when I can no longer see the floor of my bedroom and I find myself wading through knee deep collections of clothes in the hope that, somewhere amidst the dune-like piles, my bed will miraculously resurface.

Normally I'd be a bit embarrassed to admit to the current state of my bedroom, but I am at peace when relaying this news to you because I am glad to report that none of the clothes are mine. Ok, I take that back - less than 5% of the clothes are mine - and my sister is 95% to blame. Sorry, Sarah, I just needed to publicly revel for a moment in the gloriousness of the situation!

It's nothing short of a miracle, what happened when I moved out of the house. I'm not going to proclaim to have become a neat freak (haha, that's a joke) but I do maintain a somewhat tidy state in my bedroom now that I'm on my own. It's crazy, I know, and is particularly shocking to know that such a transformation could occur for no apparent reason and with no impetus whatsoever, but it's true. Anyhow, as a result of my current and newfound (relative) tidyness, it's so funny to come home to my room and, well, have it be messy.

The other thing I am now realizing, is that cleaning a room is a lot more fun when your stuff is not to blame for the mess. Today I found myself happily tending to my sister's clothes and tidying up her things somewhat. Now that I think of it, it's been quite a bizarre day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home