12.29.2007

Telephone Poll, Concert

Picture this: You've spent 7 hours on a train without standing up and you're seriously starting to wonder if your derrière has not permanently molded itself into the shape of the seat. You've had nothing but Wheat Thins and Pims all day and you're starting to crave some vegetables. To top it all off, you've thought of every possible thing you can think of to ponder, and you've still got 2 hours left on the train and you think you might go crazy with boredom (I've got a sister, so I suppose I never learned how to entertain myself in my formative years).

Anyhow, to ease my boredom I sent out a mass text message (I love textual communications en masse, what can I say) asking for a random thought or a fact. I got a few thoughts (mostly of food since it was near a meal time) and a lot of random facts/questions to ponder. Did you know that slugs are attracted to beer, or that cats domesticated themselves? I've got such a wealth of random facts now, it was a worthwhile text to have sent, I think.

Yesterday I wandered all over Brooklyn with my sister - we have about a 4 hour walk in the amazingly beautiful weather we were freakishly experiencing here. After all of that walking we were a bit tired, so we had a relaxing evening out at a rock concert! We went to go see 3 bands for $12 which is quite a steal even if you don't like the bands you're listening to. Luckily we LOVE Eric Hutchinson (performer #1) and ended up really like Derek James (performer #2). The last band left something to be desired, so we left and met some crazy cool mathematicians on the subway.

Anyone who can divide 47 by 3 in less than a second is all right with me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home