12.19.2007

Wool Over My Eyes

First things first: my sister showed me the final for one of her classes. It's a website, and for a first ever attempt with HTML it's pretty awesome! You should check it out.

Secondly, this week at school has been crazy! As vacation nears I have had more and more students absent in my classes, however the students that are left are more rambunctious than ever. I blame it on all the other teachers in the school giving them sugar before they come to my class.

In related news, on Tuesday I had two kids knock on my classroom door and say that the head of the grade needed to see a student in my class. It seemed legit at the time so I let him go, but then someone who is more knowledgeable regarding the wily ways of teenage boys made me realize that probably the two boys were just trying to get their friend out of class early. As soon as it was mentioned to me, the light went off in my head. But of course! What was I thinking...

Normally I'd care a little more but truth be told I didn't really feel like being in that class that afternoon either, so my student and I both got a break. However, you live and you learn, and that certainly won't be happening again! I hope he enjoyed his 15 minutes of freedom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home