12.08.2007

Electric Blankets and Brittany's Family Awesomeness

The other day when I got home from work there was a huge microwave box sitting outside the door to our apartment. At first I wondered why Brittany bought another microwave, but then I realized it was sent from her family in TX (and I wondered why they would send us another microwave).

Well, it turns out the microwave box was just a cover up for the amazing cold weather survival kit inside! They had sent us a whole slew of various things to entertain ourselves during the cold winter months, but by far the best part of the package was the two fleece electric blankets.

A friend of mine said that electric blankets provoked thoughts of the late 80's... for me it provokes memories of sleeping in the guest bedrooms at my grandmother's house. As silly or outdated as they may seem, they are seriously the best things EVER. Our couch is right by the window, and being able to cuddle up underneath a heated blanket has seriously changed my couch sitting experience (not to mention my bed-entry experience - 15 minutes with the electric blanket, and my bed feels roasty toasty like I've been sleeping in it all night).

So thank you, Brittany's family. You've made my winter season!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home