12.24.2007

I Judge You When You Use Poor Grammar

There is a Facebook group cleverly entitled "I Judge You When You Use Poor Grammar" and I've always wanted to join it. I'm not one for Facebook groups that don't have a purpose (even my Apple students group gives me free songs), but this one is just amazingly funny (and sadly sort of true).

However, I am a user of poor grammar, and I have spelling errors galore (read this blog, they're not hard to find). What's more, I enjoy making up words and I really can't be bothered to fix some grammatical things that I know are incorrect because regardless of it's properness, I enjoy the way it sounds. Therefore I would feel a bit silly joining a group that called for grammatical perfection when I myself struggle with it.

I am thinking I would join a Facebook group called, "I Judge You When You Use Bad Grammer" because the nod to imperfection is even funnier than the original group. Also, everyone makes mistakes now and then and the latter group could have a more "We do our best but it doesn't always happen" sort of mentality. Because really, when it comes to grammar, perfection is not important to me. I only care that you try...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home