10.19.2007

Something Nerdy

For my Programming 3 class that I'm teaching I have been working on a slide show program. It's pretty cool, actually. Think Flickr, except much smaller scale. Since we are programming in JavaScript, everything is pre-wired in that you have to set up the arrays which hold the URLs of the photos instead of being able to import all the photos in a folder, or something like that (which pains me somewhat, but oh well). Still, it's pretty cool! I've got it so that you can scroll through thumbnails of photos at the top and click on them to display a larger picture, and you can also jump to a picture using the "Jump To" feature. I think this weekend I am going to try and get it so that you can import different photo sets - the one I have now is of clouds, but it would be cool if you had the option to view different types of photos.

Anyhow, the point is... the more I think about it, the more I love this program. I'm seriously considering adopting a large-scale version of it for my own use - that way I can organize my photos and just load the website when I want to show people pictures. I can never find them in my folders, and this might be a cool way to alleviate the problem.

I'm also considering a slide show option... the possibilities are endless! I think I am having more fun than my students.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home