10.13.2007

Time Change

I just realized my time zone on this blog is still set for France. That would explain why I've been posting at 3 am, or on days when I don't remember doing so. Huh.

Also...

I've recently been compelled to listen to music on the subway, but I just can't bring myself to do it. I thought it might have been that I was worried about theft (but seriously that's not it - having an MP3 player these days is like having two hands - and nobody would want my ancient player), but I just had a recent revelation about my hesitance to listen to music while commuting.

The fact is, I like music too much. If I made a playlist on my iPod of songs I loved, one of two things would happen:

  1. I would be forced to dance and sing along (very poorly, mind you) and would therefore be deemed "that crazy person I saw on the subway today." -or-

  2. I would have to suppress the urge to sing along and tap my foot, which would just make me unhappy and wonder, "What's the point?"

So, I don't listen to music on the subway. I have, however, been reading this book on the subway and I've made it about halfway through. I like reading this particular book when I'm around people because the title and the cover art gives me a huge chuckle. I hope the people who see it are too busy laughing to be offended by it. ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home