3.22.2007

Chicago: Will NOT Consider

I hate driving around NH in the summer time. I am not sure if it is a universal trait of NH drivers or what, but they always drive with their windows down and I can't stand it!

Sure, maybe it's fine for boys with short hair, or girls with no bangs, or those who choose to slick back their hair, or those who actually enjoy eating their hair. But somehow, no matter how I tie my hair back, slick it, pin it, stick it, or twist it, my hair always flies around and lands in my eyes, up my nose, in my mouth. I don't enjoy hair as a dietary supplement, and therefore let me state for the record that I HATE THE WIND!

Therefore, living in Perpignan has been somewhat of a challenge for me this year. For those of you who did not know, Perpignan must be the Chicago of France; it's got "windy city" practically engraved on the road signs... ok, well maybe it's "windy crap town" depending on where you are. The point is, it's super windy here and apparently the worst is in April (which is why I am thankful that I will be out of the country for half of the month).

Hannah and Amanda and I were discussing how we can tolerate any other element: rain, snow, sun, hail, sleet, cats and dogs, you name it, but wind is now our prime enemy. Is there a place in the US known as "the windless city," and where can I get me some prime real estate?

I was filling an online application out the other day with a placement agency. They tell you to be flexible and consider many possible jobs in a variety of positions and locations. I was doing very well on being flexible: I'd consider teaching almost any age group, I'd be involved in an extra curriculars, and I would travel almost anywhere in the world for the right job.

Except Chicago. After Perpignan, Chicago just might kill me (or, you know, blow me away).

1 Comments:

At 3/22/07, 4:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, Chicago is tooooooooo far away!!!


But you are very much right about the wind. Yes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home