3.14.2007

The Future of Vending Machines (etc.)

So today I was aimlessly wandering the hallways at my school when I came across the back staircase. I decided, "Hey, why not go down the back staircase for a change?" So I did, and at the bottom I saw an amazing piece of technology: a vending machine.

That's right, a vending machine. But it wasn't just any old vending machine. Instead of having junk food and soda inside, it had highlighters, pencils, erasers, index cards, and extra ink for your fountain pen in an array of colors.

I stopped dead in my tracks and thought, "Holy cow! I'm in a school. And they are vending school supplies. In a vending machine. Holy cow!" It truly boggled my mind.

Second, the weather today has been magnificent. It was tanktop and shorts weather, and the breeze was glorious; not so little that you couldn't feel a thing and fried in the sun as a consequence, but not too much that you were caught swearing under your breath and cursing the tramontagne.

Third, I spent about an hour and a half today outside in the lovely weather at a phone booth calling my credit card company. It appears that pay.com somehow got a hold of my number and has been making fraudulent charges left and right. Normally, I would say, "What's $150 in additional charges?" But as 1) I am not made of money and 2) as far as I know the stuff doesn't grow on trees, I found these charges to be bothersome. My account is now cancelled, I get to sign an affidavit upon my return to the US of A and the company is going to be nice enough to send my new card right here to Perpignan. The only question that's left to be begged (is that the right expression?) is how did pay.com (slash whoever) get my account information? I've only used the card 4 times in the past 5 months, and only once online with BMI... sketch.

Last, I've spent a really pleasant afternoon watching videos by some punk kids who call themselves SMOSH. They are really funny, and I think you should watch some of their stuff, too. Here's something to get you started:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home