3.07.2007

Dear Amanda (My Apology)

I'm sorry I told you that you need not wear a coat on your excursion to town. I'm sorry that I convinced you that it was indeed a sunny, practically windless, beautiful day in Perpignan.

How was I to know that not a half hour after your departure the sky would go completely black, the wind would turn vicious and it would threaten rain?

How could I have known that the wind would be so strong that the refrigerator box would be blown 4 feet up the telephone pole, crushed and held there for the next 20 minutes because of the wind? How was I to know that it would be so windy that Hannah would briefly second guess her decision to actually attend class this afternoon?

I'm really sorry. I hope you have not blown to Andorra by now. I hope you'll be able to make it home in time for dinner, despite the small rocks, sand and grit that are no doubt pelting you right this very instant. I hope you don't suffer from hypothermia and an extreme case of windswept hair.

Good luck on your journey home via the bike path, and again please accept my sincerest apologies.

Meghan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home