3.06.2007

Album Artwork

Dear Musical Recording Artists,

If you are talented and create music that I like, congratulations! I will buy your music.

If you are talentless, tone deaf and lack rythm, I might still buy (probably/most definitely will still buy) one or two of your songs if you have amazing album artwork.

Sincerely,
Meghan

I've recently realized that I have been persuaded to buy songs I did not really like based on the album artwork. When listening to one of my most recent purchases, I heard the song and thought, "What was I thinking?" A few seconds later I expanded iTunes and was in love again... oooh, pretty album cover.

I think this method for music purchase is really pathetic, and I'm currently purchasing music blindfolded and seeing a therapist to work on these issues (not to mention the injections). In case you are suffering from the same "oooh pretty" syndrome, I'm going to put a safe list of artists who not only have nice artwork but also have honed a decent-to-great sound.

  • Grace Kelly - Mika
  • You Owe Me An IOU - Hot Hot Heat
  • Knew It All - Needtobreathe
  • No Tomorrow - Orson
  • The Season - Quietdrive

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home