2.13.2007

"I'm European; I can't floss!"

Lately my much beloved floss has been running low and because of my (now semi-) permanent retainer it's very difficult for me to floss in the first place. Any normal person would just go out and buy a different kind of floss, but my floss is quite stiff, make it easy to thread through the retainer. ANYHOW... a few weeks back I went to the grocery store to check out the dental supplies available to me here in France.

They've got the basics - toothbrush, toothpaste, and if you're lucky, ONE KIND of floss.

Needless to say I've been hoarding my floss, using 3 inches at a time and hoping that though it looks low it's still packing some yardage on its spool. Until two days ago, that is.

I happened to see my brand of floss in LeClerc! Miracle of miracles! I bought two containers and arrived home a happy camper until I realized that in France they charge you more for half as much floss. ARGH!! So now I have what I consider to be two half-empty overpriced floss containers, and I need to get two more before LeClerc realizes that they didn't mean to stock three kinds of floss and they take it off the shelf in order to stock some more condoms (this is where the dental supplies are located, right next to the over-the-counter birth control).

Anyhow... I was parusing YouTube as I so often do and came across this:


Just so you know, there's at least two non-dentists who floss in Europe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home