2.12.2007

Hymns and the Grammies

I was very excited to see that OK Go won the grammy they were up for. I also found out that a few other artists had been nominated that I enjoy so I wanted to see how they fared. In doing this, I got distracted by some of the classical music nominees.

Having lost much of my faith in pop music after seeing the winners in the first 40 categories or so, by category 80+ I was ready to give some top notch classical music a go. I started looking up some of the groups on iTunes, which led to chamber music, which led to gospel music, which led to hymns I had learned from singing in church as a youngin'.

This led me to become quite nostalgic and soon I found myself singing at the top of my lungs to "Onward Christian Soldiers" and the like. Before I knew what had come over me, I found that I had downloaded a double set of famous hymns (which amounts to 55 hymns) and John Hiatt's "Have A Little Faith In Me". Luckily this did not hurt my pocket book too terribly ($11, what a steal).

So, if you feel like hopping on Skype and singing a rousing rendition of "Holy Holy Holy" or "How Great Thou Art", well, I'm really in the mood.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home