2.06.2007

Chinese Food French Flair

On Friday after my classes three of my students came up to me and asked me if I would like to go to dinner with them at a Chinese food restaurant. I was a little shocked but also really pleased that they invited me! I agreed to go (along with my roommate) and they came and picked us up at 8:30 that night.

The Chinese food was interesting and definitely Frenchified... however, just like everything the French do with food... it was still fantastic!

I also thought it would be strange to go out for a meal with some of my students, but it was not at all. They are really charismatic individuals and Hannah and I had a ton of fun. They told us a whole bunch of dumb blonde jokes, typical French jokes about unforunate animals with interesting names ("There was a penguin named 'Zip', and he slipped on the ice and went zip zip zip to the bottom of the iceburg!"). The best joke they told us was as follows:

"Tell me the name of three currencies (of money)."
--> You say three.
"Tell me three different kinds of contraceptives."
--> You say three.
"Name for me three rivers in Mongolia."
--> You say that you can't.
"Oh my gosh, all you ever think about is money and sex."

They also told us all about the war that took place in Perpignan and how 300 policemen from Paris were sent here to keep things under control (this was just 2 years ago). They told us about how this one girl's family had owned this bookshop in town and how she lived about it for a really long time. They had us taste these cigarettes that tasted like chocolate.

Anyhow, it was a really good time. I am so glad we went! Hannah and I were so psyched to have had a worthwhile Friday evening for once.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home