2.28.2007

My Totally Awesome Vacation


So. I just had two weeks off from school, which was really nice. I went to London with my sister to see her friend (Sally) and we had so much fun! We went to the Tate Modern Museum of Art, all the parks, Chinese New Year, markets, and of course every single Pret à Manger in the entire city.

Sarah and I then went on to Paris where we met up with my friend Rachel (who is now here in Perpignan - YAY!) and one of our mutual friends, Katy. It was so good to see everyone, travel a little, and enjoy being in Europe. It was a very nice vacation.

Now I am back at school, and it is as funny as ever. I did a lesson on fashion, and wouldn't you know it, the boys can name more labels than the girls, AND all professed that white, black and pink were the most popular colors in France.

Also one of the students who was previously on my shit list got off of it by being one of the only students in the class to have done his homework! Normally he throws things, doesn't do the class activities, and pays no attention whatsoever to the class discussions. Needless to say, I assumed that of all the students who might have been ready to do their presentation, he was the least likely to be in the group. BUT, he came in all ready to do his presentation. I was shocked, frankly, but pleasantly so.

Sometimes people surprise you.

1 Comments:

At 3/1/07, 4:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*sigh* our vacation really was fabulous, wasn't it? Hope you and Rachel are having fun this weekend! I don't think I'll be heading over- I thought I was getting better, but then I woke up this morning....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home