2.04.2009

Winter Wanderland

After a few days of unseasonably warm weather (I had to shove a confused groundhog back into the his humble abode) we now have snow again in NY. Yesterday I was heading to my programming class and other than the slight annoyance I experienced when my eyelashes were pelted with flakes, I quite enjoyed being outside at such a pretty moment. Plus, because of bad weather my teacher ended the most boring lecture I've ever had the unfortunate pleasure of attending a full half hour early. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow! In celebration of my unanticipated liberation, I paused to commemorate the occasion by snapping a few photos of the snow on my cell phone. I even ate a little bit of the snow for Brittany against my better judgment - I was clearly not myself.



Today at work I completed my PHP programming assignment for next week and decided to make a mad-libs sort of web page. PHP is super fun! Just as I was really getting into programming, someone in my department foiled my fun by giving me a huge technical book about programming in Objective C (for the iPhone). While I am looking forward to programming for the iPhone, I am not looking forward to reading 700 pages of boring code. This served as a good reminder to me that though my programming class is boring, it negates the need to read an even worse text. Suddenly, I have a burgeoning love for my dry computer teacher.

On a completely unrelated note, tonight I am going to make pasta with blue cheese, sweet potato and walnuts. The combination sounds random, but it is one of the best flavor palettes I have ever had and I highly recommend it. I'm going to cook and blast Share the Land because I just can't get enough of that song!

2 Comments:

At 2/10/09, 11:57 AM, Blogger Brittany said...

You ate snow?! Aww Megs, that makes my heart so happy! Just like the gospel says, where there is acid polluted rain, I am there. I miss you a lot, but know that I am thinking of you and NYC every time I come close to having a heat stroke.

Much love!!!!

 
At 2/18/09, 4:16 PM, Blogger John said...

I really like the image of eyelashes being pelted with flakes. That's really descriptive. It brings me joy for some reason too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home