7.13.2008

Super Large Vitamins

Over the past year I've come to realize that I could stand to take a multi-vitamin. I have a tendency to eat things that are relatively healthy for me, but variety in my diet simple doesn't exist. I like grits every single morning for breakfast, and when it comes to eating vegetables it's like a top 40 radio station (simply no variety... I like avocados, what can I say?). I've certainly got some gaps in my vitamin intake, and drinking vitamin water once every two weeks doesn't really fill that void. So I decided I was going to take a multi-vitamin.

Excuse my language, but holy hell. When I first started my research to find the perfect vitamin I first thought that the human pills had been mixed up with horse vitamins. I'm not good at taking pills, and there is no way I could choke down a vitamin the size of a women's "One A Day" supplement. I want to be healthy, but I also don't want to asphyxiate in the process.

As an alternative, I found a Viactive vitamin (not the chocolate calcium ones) that was made specifically for women and advertised a berry coating in an easy to swallow size. I thought this could just be the trick for me, but these vitamins made me feel nauseous... it's almost as if they sat like a rock in my stomach for a few hours before they finally vanished into my system.

I'd basically given up on the multi-vitamin until my sister found a tiny vitamin called One A Day "Essential" - sure it doesn't have all the vitamins that I probably could stand to be getting, but it does have the essential ones (go figure) and the best part is that it is only about the size of my pinky fingernail.

And so ends the vitamin saga of my life to date.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home