7.12.2008

Seeing Amanda

My roommate from France, Amanda, came to New York on the 6th of July and I was lucky enough to be able to meet up with her and spend some time catching up with her and her sister. Whenever I am going to see someone I have not seen in a very long time, I am always a little nervous because I wonder if it will be weird or awkward or sadly different.

Amanda is amazing, though, and while it wasn't like when we were in France (haha, go figure) it was definitely just as fun to see her a year later for brunch as it was to spend Sunday afternoons grading her kids' papers and watching bad movies in French. The only thing that would have made it better was if our other roommate Hannah could have been there (Hannah, if you're reading this, take advantage of our crap economy and come over!).

Long story short, it's just nice to see people you haven't seen in forever.

Also, we went to an excellent brunch place in Manhattan called Norma's. It's on 57th street (118 East 57th, to be exact) and it was probably one of the best breakfasts I have ever had! I paid $26 for my meal, but it was worth it. I ordered the Wa-Za waffle or something like that - it had tons of fruit and a torched sugar coating reminiscent of crème brûlée (so of course I was in love). If you ever want to go out for an amazing brunch, I'd highly recommend this place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home