6.22.2008

Squirrels

I was out for a walk with a friend of mine the other day and we were on our way to the park. All of a sudden my friend stopped suddenly and excitedly pointed ahead of us. I realized that what they were fussing about was a real live BLACK squirrel. That's right! I was stunned - I'd never seen a black squirrel before, and it was really pretty cool. It scampered across the street and up a tree, and we watched it entranced the whole time.

Second squirrel encounter of the evening was when we saw another squirrel climbing up the gates on a store front (you know, the ones they pull down in front of the windows and door when they lock up for the night). This was not that extraordinary, but the really funny bit was seeing it make it to the top of the gate and then disappear into the roof of the store. Aha! So that's where they're hiding these days.

2 Comments:

At 6/26/08, 4:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Once in college I was attacked by a black squirrel. The little bugger chased me to my dorm. On the other hand there was a really cute black squirrel living outside my old apartment that I constantly saw digging for nuts on the way to work.

 
At 7/5/08, 8:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, we had a squirrel like that at MHC- it lived by the "check your speed" sign on the road that told you how fast you were going- we was it for about three days, and then never again in the four years I was there...

Those black squirrels are mischievous I tell you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home