3.29.2008

Movie Tastes

I know some of you out there cringe when you walk into my apartment and see my overwhelming collection of chick-flick films. I own everything from Jane Austen-esque period films, high school dramedies, musicals and of course Nicolas Sparks' tearjerkers. (If you've never seen my collection first hand, let me add that I own 'John Tucker Must Die.' If you weren't already cringing, you surely are now.)

The thing is, lately I, too, have been cringing. Every time I go through my collection I find myself vetoing movie after movie and, more often than not, just doing something else.

In an effort to expand my movie horizons, I'm now taking suggestions for films to see. To give you some direction, I'm trying to steer clear of teeny-bopper films or films that are overly cheesy and romantic. I'm more into very funny/witty films, too-good-to-miss films, or something thought provoking or interesting (documentaries, even).

... or rather, I'm not into those types of films, but with your suggestions I soon hope to be. ;-)

(An aside - thanks for all the song suggestions, I have compiled an excellent play list!)

2 Comments:

At 3/30/08, 11:49 PM, Blogger sasha said...

actually, I kind of want to see John Tucker Must Die. um. yeah.

it's random, but I did just see a good documentary that I think you'd like: King of Kong. It's about these guys who play the old arcade Donkey Kong game. There's this whole competitive subculture.

maybe I'll think of more movies later. lately I've just been watching box sets of tv shows, though. did I ever get you to watch weeds? I think you'd love that show. also, try firefly or battlestar galactica. the geeky fan obsessiveness can be kind of off-putting, but there is a reason fans are so obsessed. they're good shows.

 
At 4/1/08, 9:42 PM, Blogger Meghan said...

JTMD is actually not that bad of a movie to see once or twice. Not to own, though.. I feel that's crossing a thin line.

I've heard of King of Kong and have it in my queue so one of these days it will be mailed to me. I'm not sure I can get into Firefly but I might as well give Battlestar Galactica a go - why not?

Thanks for the suggestions. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home