3.25.2008

$60 of Sushi, Fake Free Concerts

Welcome, friends, to Meghan's Vacation Recap.

Last week Brittany and I finally gathered all the stuff we needed to make sushi. After a few painful days waiting for the avocados to ripen, we were finally ready to attempt to make some avocado rolls. Long story short, we did and it was excellent! I'm not going to brag (rather I am) but we are really good at it. We are masters of the nori. Anyhow, we made approximately $60 worth of avocado rolls for just $8. This results in general awesomeness, and we went around with a sushi glow for the next three days.

My family came to visit me over the weekend which was a lot of fun. I ended up eating some cheese that only comes into the US once every 4 months (which, incidentally, was really good), walking about 15 miles in 2 days, eating a sandwich that was bigger than my head, finishing my federal income taxes (which actually are surprisingly not that hard) and procured some amazing Rosie Earl Grey tea. It was fun.

Also somehow in the mix I managed to score some free concert tickets to a Queen tribute band. Random, I know, but free tickets are free tickets, so I was excited.

On a side note, I've been calling doctos to try and set up an annual physical and it's been crazy difficult, harder than I would have thought. I went the route of asking people I know for suggestions, but that just led to answering machines and no returned calls (highly frustrating). I also called several doctors that never picked up the phone. Then, of course, there were those who were not taking patients or those with wait times of 6 months. I was starting to become seriously frustrated, so today I sat down in front of my computer with a list of doctors (188 to be exact) and decided to call every single one if need be. I only had to call 4 before I found a nice receptionist who made me an appointment for 2 days later. Isn't it funny how you can spend weeks trying to do something and nothing works, then one day everything randomly decides to sort itself out? Hmm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home