10.28.2007

Baking My Life Away

This video is kind of amazing.

Today Emily and Jen and I got together for a baking extravaganza! We made cookies, cupcakes, pumpkin pie, drank cider and had a generally enjoyable time watching "Practical Magic." It was a nice afternoon, but the thing is now I have about 40 billion baked goods in my apartment and it's sort of a dangerous prospect. I think I am going to peddle some of them off on my neighbors!

Today while I was in the grocery store I bought some grits. At the end of my street there is a "restaurant" where you can get a $2 breakfast. It's a dive, but the grits are DELICIOUS! I never knew I liked grits, but it turns out they are amazing. They are really easy to cook, too, but unfortunately without a lot of butter/milk/salt they taste pretty much like nothing at all. Anyhow, so I won't be eating them very often, but for $1.50 I got a whole tub of them which has about 18 servings, which makes the future look bright!

3 Comments:

At 10/30/07, 11:31 AM, Blogger sasha said...

I am jealous. your baking extravaganza sounds like a lot of fun!

 
At 10/30/07, 6:20 PM, Blogger Meghan said...

It was fun - if you ever come visit, we should have another baking extravaganza! It's a plan. :-)

 
At 11/6/07, 5:43 PM, Blogger Paige said...

My high school boyfriend's dad is from KY, and he made cheese grits once when I was there for dinner. The boyfriend HATED cheese grits, but I, to his chagrin (and his dad's amusement) thought they were quite tasty.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home