4.26.2007

Soup... Eat It

This is my favorite soup in the whole world. It's based on a spaghetti sauce recipe of my grandmother's that I tried to make once and accidentally turned into soup. I think you'll enjoy it, but the key is to not measure anything. I'm going to be vague on purpose. Have fun cooking!

You'll need:
  • Olive Oil
  • Garlic
  • Onion
  • Green Pepper
  • Mushrooms
  • Corn
  • Hamburger Meat
  • Chili Powder
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • Diced Canned Tomatoes
  • Tomato Soup
  • Beef Bouillon
  • Emmental Cheese
  • Red Wine

Pour in approximately 4 tablespoons of olive oil (tip the bottle over 4 times) and put some garlic in with the olive oil. Heat the oil and the garlic up. Cut up and add some onion, green pepper and mushrooms. When they are almost cooked, I like to put in some canned corn, too.

Now add the hamburger... I put in about a half-kilo. Then season the meat with chili powder, salt and pepper. Add two cans of diced tomatoes and about 2 cans of fully prepared tomato soup (however soupy you want it to be). Then add some beef bouillon. When it's all hot and mixed together, add a bag or so of grated emmental cheese. When the cheese is melted, take the soup off the heat and pour in some red wine (the recipe calls for a cup, but I just pour it... I also think Beaujolais wine works really nicely).

Eat it. It's good. And don't forget to drink some wine with it, too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home