4.10.2007

Movies with No Ending

I just watched two films: The Last Kiss and American Dreams. Let me start with the greater of two evils.

I knew going into the movie that American Dreamz was going to be stupid. I didn't expect anything too provocative to come from this film, I was really just looking for some laughs and silly humor. Unfortunately, I didn't even get that. The film is just plain old dumb, and the funniest part (when Omar's cousin dances in the basement) I had unfortunately already seen on the internet (thank you YouTube). The ending is really lame and sort of depressing, depicts the American President as a numbskull (which, let's face it, he may very well be), kills off two of the main characters (taking the movie unneccesarily out of the "feel good" category), and giving Mandy Moore's character an unrealistic new position in Hollywood. Puh-leeze.

I had greater hopes for The Last Kiss which was, overall, a decent movie. However, I hate movies without any real resolution, and this movie certainly did not provide a resolution. Let me summarize the film: Man gets woman pregnant, man screws around with different woman, pregnant woman finds out about man's infidelities, pregnant woman says screw you jerk, jerk tries to get pregnant woman back. The end. Sure, this is perhaps how things go in reality, but the reason I see movies is because I want to escape reality for a little while! I want to see everyone living happily ever after! This movie not only robs you of the happily ever after scenario, but it also denies you any ending whatsoever. Oh, well.

In other news, the job search continues. It seems that when companies are no longer looking for applicants they just leave their job posting online anyway to drive hopefuls crazy. Gotta love it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home