4.06.2007

Snowstorms etc.

Since my arrival in NH it has snowed. We have had a grand total of about 1 foot of snow! While this is making all my family and friends who have already surived the thralls of winter groan, I (on the other hand) am enjoying seeing snow for the first time this year.

I was only sour about the snow once the other day when I was bringing in wood (we heat with woodstoves). My mother replaced the door knob to the door we go through to bring the wood in. The plus side is that the door now opens and shuts beautifully and we no longer have to perform the full body throw in order to slam the door shut. The down side is that I accidentally locked myself out of the house by pulling the door shut a little harder than was necessary. I had to trudge around our entire house through a foot of snow with an armful of wood to get to our garage and back into the house. This wouldn't have been so bad except I was wearing these shoes completely unsuitable for snow and was soaking wet and cold by the time I got back in the house. Oh, well.

In other news, I have fallen in love (again) with my blender, the Magic Bullet. I've been a smoothie making machine! I can't wait to be back in the US permanently so I can blend to perfection whenever I feel like it. I love the hand mixer we have in France, but nothing can beat the bullet. Really.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home