12.03.2009

Bumping Into People

I have only bumped into someone I've known while wandering around the streets of New York once my whole time living here. Well, I've bumped into my roommates while in transit, too, but that doesn't count. So yes, only one time.

Tonight I was feeling a bit down about having trouble making friends and whatnot, so I was terribly excited when I saw someone I know from school on the way to my guitar lesson this evening - delight! I was not only glad to run into someone I know, but I was also surprised to run into someone I actually recognized from school (since I know all of 10 people, what are the odds?).

Frustration can often lead me into bouts of wild productivity and change! I am having trouble making friends, so I got in touch with someone I met at a party several months ago and invited them to our upcoming holiday party, emailed a high school friend new to the city and scored myself in an invitation to a cookie baking party with 5 people I don't know (don't even ask how I managed that). Oh, I also joined a touch football league (yeah, we'll have to see about that one). I've done all of this in the past 36 hours!

I tell you, there is nothing like a busy schedule to distract you from your doldrums. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home