11.20.2009

Slow Runnings

This morning since it was a whopping 60 degrees outside (!!) and wonderfully sunny I decided to go for a run. The good news I suppose is that I ran from my current apartment to my first apartment in NY and back again. The bad news is that it took me 45 minutes to run a whopping 2.5 miles. Now, in order to save face just a little, I am going to say that I am not exactly sure when I left, so I may have run the distance in slightly less time than that. Also, it seemed as though every light I came upon I had to stop and wait for traffic, which also slows a person down a lot.

Anyhow, despite my amazingly slow speed, I feel really good about the running I've been doing these past few weeks. I've been watching this silly YouTube channel that features an overly enthusiastic guy giving his all to lose weight (for real this time, he swears!) and I've found it really motivational. One thing he keeps saying is to not give up, and to just try and do better than you were doing the day before. The idea of being proud of what you did accomplish and not upset with what you don't is a really good way of looking at things, I find.

So instead of being sad about how slow I run, I am going to repeat my new mantra: "At least I went for a run!" Yeah, I did. :-)

1 Comments:

At 11/25/09, 5:11 PM, Blogger sasha said...

yay for running! and for you updating your blog again. :) I want to hear more about this potential grad program. also, boston. also, you should visit me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home