7.27.2009

Vegetarian Taco Salad

I've been trying to eat more vegetables lately, which is easier said than done. I thought it might be fun to share my successes on here so that other may benefit when my experimentations go incredibly well!

Tonight I made a Vegetarian Taco Salad. I used:

- Taco flavoring
- Green Beans
- Corn
- Red Pepper
- Red Onion
- Black Beans
- Tomato
- Olive Oil
- Lettuce

( Optional:
- Cheese
- Salsa
- Sour Cream
- Guacamole
- Olives )

To make it, just diced all the veggies except for the lettuce and beans and stir-fried them in a pan with the olive oil. When they were almost cooked, I followed the instructions on the taco packet as if I were cooking meat (add water, simmer until saucy).

Then, cut up some lettuce and put the mixture over your greens, and voilà! Yummy taco salad.

I also added some cheese, salsa and sour cream on top, and I think guacamole and black olives would have been delicious as well.

Happy eating!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 8/3/09, 11:54 AM, Blogger Brittany said...

That sounds phenomenal! I sure do miss your cooking! And I promise to email soon, I have been bogged down with exams and classes, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!

Make some crepes in my memory!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home