4.06.2008

Sports, Siblings, Soup, Scrubbing and Stalkers on Sunday

Sports: On Friday morning I got a text from Brittany asking me if I wanted to go to a Yankees game. I was outside in the freezing cold, enduring a lovely downpour and struggling with my umbrella. Did I want to go to see the Yankees play in a tempest? NO! Well...


We went anyhow! Luckily the weather took a fabulous turn for the better - there was not a drop of rain all night, and it was comfortably cool. The Tampa Bay players did an amazing job, killing the Yankees (the final score was 13-4... ouch). Brittany and I got free Yankees hats, which was an added bonus. I am really glad I went (though I feel a bit bad about canceling some other tentative plans) - I think I'm going to try to go again. I'd forgotten how much fun baseball games are!

Siblings: My sister also came to visit me! Her school was taking a trip to the Met, and after she had seen what she needed to we met up and had a blast going all over NYC. Better still, she ended up buying a train ticket to go home on Sunday, so we get to spend a lot of time together, which was awesome.

Soup: Brittany and I have recently been obsessed with Matzo Ball soup. I told Brittany it was really easy to make (thank you Sasha for teaching me how!) and so Brittany went out and bought some mix and we made it today. It was awesome! Best of all, it tasted just like the restaurant's did, except instead of costing $7 a bowl it was something like 77¢ a bowl, which we appreciated.

Scrubbing: My dad taught me to clean. He is obsessive about cleaning (rather I wouldn't say obsessive, but he's of the mind that if you're going to do it you might as well do an excellent job) and (when I bother to clean) I sort of am, too. So today when I cleaned the bathroom, I scrubbed the grout in the shower stall with a toothbrush and stuck my head all the way in the toilet to see under the lip where the water comes out. Now, our bathroom looks brand new (no need for applause).

Stalkers on Sunday: Brittany and I decided we were not making enough friends in New York, and so we decided to have a picnic to meet some new strangers. Where have we found these strangers to attend our picnic? Craigslist, of course! Fingers crossed they will be friendly and not super sketchy. Our picnic is next Sunday.

1 Comments:

At 4/8/08, 2:03 PM, Blogger sasha said...

If you stop posting to your blog after next Sunday, I'll know some crazy craigslist stalkers captured you and I'll alert the authorities.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home