12.09.2006

The Grammys... Let's just skip them this year, please.

The nominees for "Song of the Year" make me seriously worried about the future of music. I'm banking on Corinne Bailey Rae, for without her the category would be a complete and utter dud. Take Carrie Underwood... sure she can sing, but I don't think her song, "Jesus, Take the Wheel" is worthy of a Grammy nomination. The Dixie Chicks' music is yesterday's news, I've never even heard the Mary J Blige song (so either a) I'm just out of the loop and don't know what I'm missing (yay France), or b) it's a total snooze), and "You're Beautiful" is by far the worst song James Blunt has come out with (I would know, I own the rest of his kicking record). Is that really the best list they could muster up? Are these really the "crème de la crème," the best the music industry has to offer?

I sifted through the list of nominees, and the only one I truly agree with would be the Best Short Form Music Video nomination for Ok Go (let's face it, who doesn't love the treadmill routine?).

All these bleak nominations made me realize that I should have recorded my "Meghan's Bubble Rhymes" cd or my "Meghan's Kazoo Kronicles" cd this year. I might have just been able to nab my 15 minutes of fame with the best of them at the Grammy's.

Now you might just be wondering to yourself, "What could this girl, who listens to the JONAS BROTHERS of all people, possibly know about good and bad music?" To that I must reply by saying, "I thought I told you never to publicly mention the fact that I listen to the Jonas Brothers!"

Besides, I only like one song, really. And by that I mean 4. Ok, let's just say the whole album is sort of growing on me.

1 Comments:

At 12/10/06, 9:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that music video is freakin' awesome

 

Post a Comment

<< Home