12.03.2006

French Kissing

I walk into students all the time at school. I run right into them on a regular basis. At first I thought I just was inept when it came to walking amongst obstacles/students, however recently I have realized that the problem does not lie with my inability to avoid moving targets.

I think the kissing as a greeting phenomenon in France is nice, charming, etc. However, students stop everywhere to kiss each other: in the hallways, on the streets, in doorways... and they don't gradually slow down to do it, either. One moment you are speeding along the Arago Highway, and the next moment two students are giving "bisoux" and I have plunged straight into their backpacks.

So, kids, my lesson for today is that kissing is great. However, please move into the breakdown lane if you are going to cease to move along.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home