1.26.2010

Say It Isn't So!

According to this article it would appear that some people on this earth question whether aliens are friends or foes. To that, I have to say that they may have been friendly and cordial, but nobody likes to be talked about behind their backs, so now of course the best we can hope for is that they'll be civil to our faces. Jeeze!

Seriously, though, it's an interesting thought. The article says that many people just assume that aliens would of course be (I believe their words were) "kind and benevolent," which in fact may not be true. The thought is kind of scary (come to think of it), but also not that shocking. I mean, come on... even among our own race we have tons of malicious people who do bad and evil things!

I don't think we need to worry about whether aliens are good or evil, because I think there will be a mix of personalities... that just seems logical to me (but then again, I am only human). I think more importantly we should worry about which variety is going to happen upon us first!

If I spent as much time worrying about this alien issue as I did about filling out the FAFSA, I'd have the thing done by now. Well, that's why we intelligent beings created the concept of tomorrow.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 1/27/10, 11:11 PM, Blogger sasha said...

in one of my Smith classes we had to read this interesting book called Solaris by Stanislaw Lem. In the book, the alien life form is an actual planet. There are all these human scientists studying the planet, but they basically cannot begin to fathom what it's thinking, because it is such an utterly foreign life form to them. anyway, your post made me think of that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home