11.04.2007

Krakatoa and an Explosion of Subsequent Educational Readings

I found my Krakatoa book and have been reading it some more - it's AMAZING! I'm just now getting to the part about the beginnings of the eruption, and how the telegraph played an important role in the passing of information worldwide about the event. ANYHOW...

I never expected to enjoy reading a book about something so historical and, well, educational. It has inspired me to take on other educational reading endeavors. So, this weekend I bought a book called "Calling All Radicals". I'm not a radical, but no matter - I started reading the book today and it's phenomenal! It's shockingly captivating and the stories really draw you in. I'm impressed, I'm not going to lie, and Gabriel Thompson (the author) wrote another book that looks equally as interesting which I will probably read if this one continues to be good.

I was also equally intrigued with a book about coal mining, which I might have to get from the library or something. Who knew educational reading, when self-initiated, could be so much fun? I'm trying to make up for lost time.

(Don't worry - I'm still keeping to my traditional roots and love of all things fluffy/stupid/mindless, and have been watching Eurotrip every single night for the past week and a half.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home