1.08.2007

Back To School!

I have yet to seriously laugh out loud at anything a student has said in class. I let slip a giggle here and there, but mostly I try desperately to keep a stern face (as luck would have it, the funniest things kids say are also usually wildly inappropriate).

Today, on the first day back, I wanted to kids to make up a story about either the best vacation ever, or the worst. I asked them to use one detail that was true, and they could make up the rest. I was seriously worried what this one kid would say because last time he read his paper aloud it had to do with a particular teacher giving a blowjob (funny, but wrong). When he started reading his paper, it was all I could do to keep from doubling over in laughter.

Over vacation he was on an instant messenger when someone professed their true feelings towards him. He was thinking this was pretty ok until he found out that said mystery girl was actually a mystery boy that wasn't so much of a mystery boy as a friendly acquaintance.

Everyone in the class laughed, including me. I don't know if it was the detail that was true or not, but who cares? So funny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home